Christmas Food Coma

Well Christmas has come and gone but there's definitely still a hint of celebration in the air as the new year closes in. I hope everyone had as great of a Christmas as our family did. We drank, opened gifts, ate until we couldn't see straight, rinsed and repeated!


In the spirit of Christmas my husband and I are trying to come up with a few traditions to bring to our own little family. Jim's mom makes this amazing fruitcake and it's quickly becoming a holiday repeat! I know what some of you are thinking. Blech FRUITCAKE!!?? I was once like you...that is before I tasted my MIL's delicious fruitcake. None of that neon colored fruit or petrified nuts in this recipe! LOL Everything is fresh and it was so popular at our traditional Christmas eve party, that I'm getting requests for the recipe now.



Have I told you how much I LOVE Ginger Snaps?? Well I do and butter and molasses...but that's another story, I digress. As a wedding present we received a recipe that had long been coveted and cherished over the years. Jim's childhood friend's mom..phew...has been making these cookies since they were very young and has been one of his favorite memories growing up.  Now that we've got the recipe I think we've discovered a new family tradition that will not be disappearing anytime soon!! YUM!!


I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and enjoyed your families traditions...all while roasting like chestnuts in front of the fire! Til Next year, happy eating...and knitting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment